New survey on children & weight to be unveiled
Who: American Obesity Association (AOA)
What: Obesity: The Public Health Conference
A national conference on obesity, the second leading cause of preventable death in the U.S. More than half of American adults are overweight. Some 25 percent of children and adolescents are overweight, twice as many as 30 years ago.
Public health, policy leaders and physicians will explore questions such as:
- are schools responsible for helping students maintain a healthy weight?
- what do results of a new survey on parents' perceptions of their children's weight tell us?
- what are successful strategies in dealing with childhood obesity?
- what is the latest cost of obesity in the U.S.?
- what are the new treatment strategies?
- what are new research studies revealing about obesity?
- what is the place of obesity in managed care plans, Medicare and Medicaid?
- how can consumers protect themselves against fraud in the weight loss industry?
- how should consumers deal with claims of dietary supplements for weight loss?
- what are new FTC strategies to promote compliance with voluntary standards for the weight loss industry?
- what are remedies for employment discrimination against people with obesity?
Where: Georgetown University Conference Center -- Washington, D.C.
3800 Reservoir Road, Washington, DC
When: Wednesday, September 13 and Thursday, September 14
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Page: 1 Related biology news :1
Contact: Brian Ruberry
Center for Mind-Body Medicine
. 2nd media alert First Scientific Conference on Childhood Leukaemia2
. First International Scientific Conference on Childhood Leukaemia3
. Childhood sleep-disordered breathing severity related to tonsil size, oropharyngeal volume4
. Childhood brain tumors associated with rarely inherited BRCA2 gene mutations5
. Wistar Institute To Host 3rd International Conference On Molecular And Clinical Genetics Of Childhood Renal Tumors And The Mitchell Ross Symposium6
. Scientists Find New Clues About Fatal Childhood Disease, Ataxia Telangiectasia7
. The Genetic Basis Of Childhood Schizophrenia8
. Successful Specialist Care For Cystic Fibrosis Patients From Childhood To Adulthood9
. UCSF Researchers Identify Mutations In Gene Causing Hereditary Form Of Childhood Rickets10
. Good Nutrition In Childhood Can Prevent Some Cancers In Later Life11
. Common Childhood Virus Poses Threat To Adults, Research Shows