A special highlight of the meeting is the Society's National Chemistry Week celebration, Oct. 19-25. On Oct. 22 at 9 a.m., five Salute to Excellence awards will be presented for NCW leadership and active promotion of chemistry in the Pittsburgh community. The award recipients are as follows:
Brian Wachtel, Senior Technician Specialist
Business Development - Tech Support Group
Bayer Polymers LLC
Carnegie Science Center
Society for Analytical Chemists of Pittsburgh
Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh
In addition to the Salute to Excellence awards, the region will also recognize the following:
Julia Winter, The Detroit Country Day School, Detroit, Mich., will receive the 2003 Central region's Teacher of the Year award on Tuesday, Oct. 21, 6 p.m. She has attracted students to high school chemistry through the classroom, club activities, science fairs and other academic competitions, and through organizing a "Chemistry in the Community" course.
Daniel S. Connor, Procter & Gamble Co., Cincinnati, Ohio, and Sudarsanan Varaprath, Dow Corning Corp., Midland, Mich., will receive the Industrial Innovation Award on Tuesday, Oct. 21, 7 p.m. Connor is receiving the award for the development
Contact: Sharon Worthy
American Chemical Society
Page: 1 2 3
Related biology news :
1. Worlds largest scientific society holds regional meeting in Atlanta
2. Worlds protected areas suffer from $2.5 billion annual shortfall
3. Worlds most endangered alligator released in China
4. Worlds leading journal editors urge self-governance and responsibility ...
5. Worlds largest rain forest national park created in Northern Amazon
6. Worlds smallest reptile discovered in Caribbean
7. Worlds largest scientific society convenes regional meeting October 10-13 in Lincoln, Neb.
8. Worlds largest scientific society convenes regional meeting September 23-26 in Savannah
9. Worlds largest scientific society convenes regional meeting June 24-27 in Durham, N.H.
10. Worlds largest scientific society convenes regional meeting June 14-17 in Seattle
11. Worlds largest scientific society convenes its regional meeting June 11-13 in Grand Rapids, Mich.