Amid growing global concerns about energy production and ample food and clean water supplies, the American Chemical Society (ACS) has chosen sustainability as the central theme of its 233rd National Meeting in Chicago, March 2529. Scores of multidisciplinary scientific reports will investigate how society can meet the needs of the world today without hindering the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
Overall, there will be nearly 10,000 reports presented on a wide variety of topics, including medicine, health, food, energy, environment and business. Planners expect more than 13,500 scientists to attend the meeting, which will take place in the McCormick Place Convention Center and a dozen hotels across the city.
With more than 160,000 members, the American Chemical Society is the worlds largest scientific society.
Meeting highlights include:
- An Update on Cold Fusion
- Three Presidential Symposia on Sustainability
- Natural Products, Diets and Cancer Prevention
- Soluble Cellulose as Dietary Fiber in Human Nutrition and Health
- Agricultural Biomass, Biobased Products and Biofuels
- Veterinary Pharmaceuticals in the Environment
- Protective Fibers with Military and Medical Applications
- Great Lakes Research: Environmental Issues for a Freshwater Ecosystem
- New Energy Technology
- Potential New Drugs for Cancer, Heart Disease, Alzheimers Disease and Other Conditions
- Presentations by at least four Nobel Laureates in Chemistry
- Nanotechnology and the Environment: Focus on Green Nanotechnology
- How Pure is Our Drinking Water?
- Advances in Sustainable Household, Structural, and Residential Pest Management
To register and for further information, including a schedule of press conferences, please visit the ACS News Services electronic press center (www.acspresscenter.orgPage: 1 2 Related biology news :1
Contact: Michael Bernstein
American Chemical Society
. American Chemical Societys Weekly PressPac -- Aug. 8, 20072
. American Chemical Society meets Aug. 19-23 in Boston3
. American Chemical Societys Weekly PressPac -- Aug. 1, 20074
. News tips from ACS Chemical Biology5
. American Chemical Societys Weekly PressPac -- July 25, 20076
. American Chemical Societys Weekly PressPac -- July 18, 20077
. American Chemical Societys Weekly PressPac -- July 11, 20078
. Wiley extends publishing partnership with the American Institute of Chemical Engineers9
. American Chemical Societys Weekly PressPac -- June 27/July 3, 200710
. News tips from ACS Chemical Biology11
. American Chemical Societys Weekly PressPac -- June 20, 2007