The American College of Medical Genetics (ACMG) will hold its Annual Clinical Genetics Meeting from Wednesday, March 21, through Sunday, March 25, at the Nashville Convention Center in Nashville, TN.
The following are a few highlights of the latest research and program topics to be presented at the meeting. Please note that all research is strictly embargoed until the time of the presentation. Full meeting and program details are available at www.acmgmeeting.net/
Interviews arranged upon request.
Wednesday, March 21
ACMG Public Health SIG Annual Symposium: Genetics and Public Health
- Family History: Bridging the Gap Between Genomics and Public Health Practice
- Integrating Public Health Into Genetics: A Perspective from the President of the APHA
Thursday, March 22
Should Invasive Prenatal Diagnosis be Offered in all Pregnancies?
- How Safe is Amniocentesis and CVS? A Prerequisite for Universal Invasive Testing
- Invasive Prenatal Testing: When is it Cost Effective?
- Ethics: An Essential Dimension of Offering Invasive Prenatal Diagnosis
Presidential Plenary Session: Of Practice, Patents and the Preservation of Training
- Gene Patenting vs. Licensing Terms for Genetic Testing: Who is the Culprit in Limiting Access?
- Evolving NIH Patent & Licensing Policies and Practices in the Post-Human Genome Project Era
Friday, March 23
38th Annual March of Dimes Clinical Genetics Conference: The Genetics of Skeletal Dysplasias
Saturday, March 24
Highlights in Medical Genetics
- Marfan Syndrome: From Molecules to Medicine to Muscular Dystrophy
- What Makes a Good Egg Go Bad?
Direct To Consumer Testing: Boom or Gloom for Genetic CouPage: 1 2 Related biology news :1
Contact: Kathy Beal
American College of Medical Genetics
. Gilbert Foundation and American Fed for Aging Research award grants on Alzheimers disease2
. Research shows skeleton to be endocrine organ3
. Research aims to identify markers for menopausal women at risk for deadly blood clot4
. Research team enlightens the reasons for severe blindness5
. Research teams uncover risk genes for multiple sclerosis6
. Research shows NPD1 protects a key component of vision7
. Researchers find pathway that controls cell size and division8
. Researchers watch antibiotics, bacteria meet at atomic level9
. Researchers discover gene responsible for Restless Legs Syndrome10
. Research study describes the role part of the brain plays in memory11
. NY Stem Cell Foundations 2nd Annual Translational Stem Cell Research Conference